The origin of these unique rock trails in a remote desert basin remained a mystery for centuries. Some theorized they were created by hurricane-force winds pushing rocks across slick mud, while the more superstitious believed ghosts or aliens were behind the strange sailing stones. After several decades of study, the rocks were observed in motion in the winter of 2013 — pushed along by floating ice sheets in the flooded playa. Visiting this location requires significant off-road travel deep in Death Valley National Park.
- Giclee print in white wood frame
- Approximate framed size: 24″ x 32″
- Printed in 2021
- Limited Edition #16/100
- Unframed prints and other sizes also available
- Notes: Printed photo is not watermarked. Framed photo is an illustration — each wooden frame has slightly different lines and variations and may not match this exactly.
|Dimensions||16 × 24 in|
- Selection Required: Select product options above before making new offer.
- Error: There was an error sending your offer, please try again. If this problem persists, please contact us.
There are no inquiries yet.