Artist Statement: Rainbowscape with people are expressed with delightful shades of patina and dry pigments oil sticks representing hopes & wishes for the future years. This artwork would foster happiness along with cheerful and futuristic delightful environment in the given space.
BIO: Komelia Hongja Okim
- Born in Seoul, So.Korea
- M.F.A.(Metal), Indiana University; B.A. (Fiber/Metal), Indiana
University; B.F.A. (Fiber), Ewha Womans University, Korea
- Komelia H. Okim is Professor Emerita, Montgomery College, Rockville, MD
- 30 Solo Invitational Exhibitions (in Canada, France, Korea, and US)
- 3 Fulbright Teaching & Research Grants to Korea
- Author: “Korean Metal Art: Techniques, Inspiration, and Traditions”, published by Schiffer Publishing Ltd.
- Her works in collections at Renwick, Smithsonian Institution; V & A
Museum; MAD, NY; Honolulu Museum of Art; National Metals Museum;
Indiana University Museum; Ball State University Museum; Virginia Museum